Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Choices

INTEGRITY-
–noun
1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.
3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship's hull.

I'm sure this is nothing new to you, but in life we have MANY choices. With each choice we make, our character is shaped and our lives changed. Sometimes the change is small, other times it can be massive.

You only get four years of high school, four years to shape who you want to be when you leave and attempt life in the "real world." No one can choose for you what you will become, choose wisely and live without regrets. One of our past team motto's was, "Excellence Everyday," I think I would like to add to this... "Live life on Purpose." Don't waste your time complaining, or just getting by. You will look back and regret your choices if you do.

With all that said, our first meet is in less than 2 weeks. You have a total of 4 invites and 3 league meets this year, that is only 7 races! Unless, you choose to push yourself and do your best, (every day on purpose) you will look back on this year and wish you would have done better.

I speak from experience. My senior year I had a minor injury, hamstring, and I let it get the best of me and didn't achieve much that track season. I finished high school and left for college with the same mindset and only competed for one year. At first I thought maybe I was burnt out from running and needed a break. Later I realized I was more or less just being lazy and wanting more free time. When I stopped running I started working (there went the free time). I look back and wish that I would have given my all, I wished that I would have stayed focused. I don't want any of you to regret your choices.

So here is your free advice, learn from other peoples mistakes, live life on purpose and do your best every day. Then you can look back without any regrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment